Monday, February 12, 2007

Work continues

Our house is plugging along, with the roofers out this morning and sheetmetal guys due today to work on some ducts for the heater/AC units.
.
The builder's helper is out today with the flu, so we hope he feels better soon. They were going to work on finishing the dormers today and putting in the 400-amp main panel, but with his helper out those items probably got postponed.
.
I think there was more wall sheeting to be put on in a couple spots today and I know he was working on getting the tankless heater vent ducting figured out. The ducting for the Rinnai heaters is different from others (I think) and he may be scrambling a bit to get the proper flashing installed on the roof so the roofers can finish their work. I have some additional information from Rinnai (design manual for multiple unit installation) that got e-mailed to me today that we need to get to him in the morning.
.
He also had the roof flashing units for the two solatubes - they are big suckers, with the openings about 2-ft or so in diameter. Should let in a lot of light!
.
We need to look at cabinets next. I think we have the kitchen stuff pretty much nailed, but some of the other ones may need some "deciding" before long.
.
We also need to look into lighting and switches in the next few weeks as well.
.
Got a little more rain today, but I think we're still good right now. I think we're going to have pretty nice weather for the next week or two.
.
Ballpark guesstimate of a finish date puts us somewhere around the end of May.
.

No comments: