Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Rain is back

Got some rain today - first since the first week of January - but not too much. The roofing felt/paper (whatever they use, I'm not sure) was installed earlier today, so the wood sheeting was protected for the most part and got very little moisture on it. My wife said that they have stacked the asphalt shingles up there too. Sounds like roofing is about to commence in earnest.
.
Our builder is going to work on the dormer windows tomorrow, so hopefully the roof will be essentially complete by Friday. What a relief that will be, with rain planned off and on through Monday and more to come.
.
I think we have nailed down all the plumbing fixtures except possibly in the master shower. Although almost all our plumbing fixtures will be Delta, we might go with Hansgrohe in the shower:
.
http://www.hansgrohe-usa.com/products/singleprod.php?prod_num=06116&pass_group=Shower&page=prodthumbs.php
.
- without the body jets - as this setup is the only one we have found with an integrated valve and diverter so you don't have so many knobs to operate the shower. My wife really likes that idea.
.
Sorry I don't have any pictures recently, but I can only make it down there a couple days a week and sometimes it is after dark. Hopefully I can get some this weekend.
.

No comments: