Saturday, March 10, 2007

Plumbing is in, stucco to follow soon

.
We went to do some cleanup work at the house today and see how things are progressing.
.
You can see thay are almost finished with the stucco paper (still some work to be done for the front porch ceiling).
.
They also painted all the venting on the roof black to blend in better. Looks pretty good.
.
Gas and water plumbing looks to be mostly complete. All the fresh water lines are copper. Due to high rates of theft for copper recently (recyclers pay LOTS for it right now), he kept all the copper pipe on his truck until it was actually installed.
.

.
The walk-in shower in the master bath is also framed in. There is a small bench seat and the rest of the wall around the seat - "U"-shaped - will be glass block (as described previously). Not an overly large shower, but plenty for our needs. The master shower will have 2 showerheads, one fixed, one hand wand on a bar (slides to adjust for height). I like lots of water, so we spent a little extra $$$ to be able to run both at once, if desired.
.
We met with the sales representative for Bay Alarm today so he could get some ideas for putting a quote together. We meet with the ADT folks on Wednesday morning.
.
We are meeting with our builder Monday evening to discuss electrical outlet/switch locations.
.
I am starting to look at home theater stuff to figure out speaker type and location. It's one of those things I can see myself getting into a little too much - I think I need to just take a step back, get something affordable but with decent quality and know that most speakers nowadays sound pretty good. To my untrained ears, I bet most anything will be great. I will still probably end up spending a little more than I wanted to get something reasonably nice. I can't help it - I want some minimum quality level that will last for a long time.
.

No comments: