Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Getting ready for insulation

.
The Bay Alarm guys were about 2 hours late, but they made it. Apparently got all the prewire work finished in one day.
.
The builder is finishing up his wiring work and having inspections done - insulation is scheduled for Monday and sheetrocking to start Tuesday.
.
All this means I get to go to the house this weekend and videotape and shoot digital photos of everything to ensure we know where all the wiring and plumbing is. Not sure how useful it is, but now is the time to do it! Also will make it easier to find the speaker and alarm prewiring after sheetrock, etc, is done.
.
I ordered some fan timers for bathroom fans:
.
http://tinyurl.com/2g7ltp
.
and I think I may order one of these for the master shower fan/light:
.
http://tinyurl.com/2dbrhu
.
I would have ordered the same one as above (Leviton), but unfortunately they are not rated for fluorescent lights.
.
I guess stucco is waiting until after sheetrocking is complete.
.
We need to start looking at closet organization and make final decisions on cabinetry items.
.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Not sure how useful it is, but now is the time to do it!"

It depends. If you are not going to be doing any "heavy" wall work (e.g. flat panel hd mounts and don't want to hit some wiring, etc.) then it may not seem like it is worth it, but I've used my shots about three times and it has helped me out. Plus, it is part of the "growth" of your house....you have all the other shots :)

Ron said...

And that is the reason I did it. Not sure if I will ever need to use it, but nice to have if you ever do.

I used our digital video camera today to go through room by room and tried to get as much as I could.